Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week 9 #22 Downloadable Media

I investigated the Overdrive offerings several years ago when Overdrive first became available from HCPL. I downloaded an audio version of Fahrenheit 451 to the player provided to the branches and then I ended up reading the hard copy version anyway (I needed to reread it for Books on the Bayou). I don't think this service will be useful to me unless I purchase a device so that I hook an audio book player into the sound system in my car (if one is even available). I pretty much prefer to read using my eyes (& by turning pages) unless circumstances prevent me from doing so such as when I'm driving. That said, I love having audio books to listen to in the car and my eyesight may not enable me to read text formats forever. LibriVox is really interesting. If I had more time, I would love to volunteer to record for the project WOWIO I am unlikely to use unless I or a patron need to get a hold of something quickly that isn't available any other way.

No comments: